April 13, 2010

Review: Too Faced Mood Swing Lip Gloss

This is a review on the lip gloss by Too Faced.  It's an 'emotionally activated lip gloss' so it's supposed to change colours depending on your mood.  I picked this lip gloss up while I was in New York at a Sephora about a year and a half ago (since they didn't have Sephora in HK at the time), and to be honest I've only used it a couple times - definitely less than ten times.

Now, as you can see it comes in a little tube form.  There's actually a ton of product in that little tube, and it'll last you forever.  I think it's slightly difficult to apply and the thing is, a lot of product comes out with the smallest amount of pressure at first.  Also, as you can see from the photo on the right, it also stains the tube itself, which is not a good thing to me.  It was white when I bought it, but after I used it once, that part turned pink.

Here are the swatches of the lip gloss.  In the photo on the left, the one on top has been there for several seconds whereas the swatch on the bottom was applied immediately before this photo.  The photo on the right, is one swipe, with flash, after several seconds of applying the product.

Onto the product itself.  For me, to be honest, I don't like it at all.  It really does not work on me.  However, I am posting a review of this product up here because I've read reviews on makeup alley where people have actually given this product 5 stars.  So it really does differ between people.

The problem I have with this lipgloss is that it turns an extremely hot pink on my lips.  Like I'd put on a fuchsia pink or something on my lips.  Not something I want.  I thought it would gradually build the colour but since my lips are already quite pigmented, this gloss turned my lips a bright, hot pink.  Every time I applied it, it turned out the same colour.  I swear it's heat activated, but an extremely sensitive one.

Also, some people are fans of this and some aren't, but this gloss actually leaves a stain behind on your lips.  Like a deep pink tint on your lips.  So I feel it's quite hard to control the colours of this lipgloss.  I don't like their packaging because you can end up applying too much.  

I will say this though, it isn't sticky at all, and the lipgloss does taste pretty good. So thumbs up for that, but overall.  I wouldn't repurchase.  I don't really want to stain my lips and put a colour on that I don't know what colour it'd be.

Oh one more thing, this is quite pricey for a lipgloss (USD18.50, I believe), so I suggest you go to Sephora to just dab a little on your lips and browse around first, and see if you like it.

1 comment:

  1. una pregunta donde puedo conseguir el lipgloss y cual es el costo

    ReplyDelete