April 14, 2010

Review: MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural


This is what the packaging of MAC's Mineralized Skin Finishes is like.  It is described as a setting powder for low coverage.  It is slowly baked, hence the dome shape.  This retails at USD26 for 10g or 0.35oz.  One of these will last for quite a while as you only need a bit or it'll look cakey.


So the product itself has quite a soft, silky texture.  It's extremely easy to apply.  It is extremely fragile, as it is baked and not pressed, so if you drop it, you'll get dust.  At least, that's what I hear from other gurus.  I'm in the colour Medium Plus, which was what the SA matched me to.  I think it's a good match, but it's difficult to tell because it blends so well with your own skin.  Also, I've heard that Medium Plus has more yellow-ish undertones, which is good for me because I'm Asian, though I'm quite pale.





I have pretty clear skin except the occasional pimple or two, so I use this as my foundation.  My daily routine just consists of concealer and this MSFN.  The powder acts as a setting powder as well as my foundation, so I really get a lot of use out of it.  It has become one of my must-haves in my makeup bag, and it's my go to product.


The product is dome-shaped, so you won't hit pan that quickly and that the product will be used more evenly.  You know, how we always use something in a pan form but cos we tend to dip our brush into the middle, we hit pan in the middle first, but this one should be a little better.  Of course, I don't know for sure, but I'll edit this once I've hit pan and finished my first MSFN.


I apply this with a kabuki brush, just because I use it as a foundation.  This will probably work best if you're using a large fluffy powder brush as less product is picked up.  Also, be careful not to apply too much of the product because it can lead to cakeyness.  If that happens, what I like to do is just spray my face with a bit of water, and use a sponge to blend.  I find that if I do that, the cakeyness goes away.


I definitely recommend this product, it's extremely blendable, multipurpose and feels so so smooth.  If you have doubts, seeing as it is slightly pricey (but for how long you use it for, the price isn't so bad), as a SA to try it out on you, see if you like it.  The only thing I don't like about this is how it doesn't have a mirror.  That's the only bad thing about this product.  Oh, and one more thing, I have dry and sensitive skin and this hasn't broken me out at all, so that's good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment