April 18, 2010

Overview: The Body Shop's Body Butters

I've been a fan of the Body Shop body butters for a while now.  My first pack was a trio from the Christmas collection of mini travel size body butters they come out with in the scents Strawberry, Pink Grapefruit and Satsuma, but I think it's been changed to Wild Cherry or something now.

Anyway.  So here are all the body butters I own.  I'll go through all of these individually soon.  All of them are in the smaller, mini packaging with 1.7oz, except for the Cocoa Butter one, which is significantly larger with 7oz.


This is the cocoa butter scent.  It is suitable for very dry skin, I mainly use this on my legs cos I have horribly dry skin.  On the website, it states that it is also useful for pregnant women to avoid stretch marks.  I'm guessing this contains that shea butter stuff, or whatever it is that makes your stretch marks go away.  It smells absolutely delicious too, like a chocolate-y scent.  A couple of my guy friends actually put this on and couldn't stop smelling it, so it's a good one that's not too strong.

This next one is the Strawberry scented one.  To me, it doesn't really smell like strawberries, it smells like artificial strawberries... which is what most strawberry scented things smell like. It does smell amazing though.  It's got that really sweet, feminine smell to it.  It's quite moisturizing, and is for normal skin.  The smell lingers though, and if you're the type of person who likes that, then you'll love this.

Now this one is the Satsuma one.  As you can see, I haven't used a whole lot of it.  I just, don't really like this scent.  The smell is so strong, and it's not a sweet smell, necessarily.  It just smells, so orangey, I don't like it at all.  I mean, I don't know, I guess I'm fruitist or something, cos I really don't want to walk down the streets smelling like an orange but I'm fine with smelling like strawberries.  Again, it's moisturizing, it's for normal skin just like the strawberry one.  Just not a huge fan of this scent.

The Pink Grapefruit scent is my favourite.  This is actually my second mini tub of it cos' I finished my first one.  It smells absolutely amazing.  It's sweet smelling, but it's got that sort of, citrus bite in it that stops it from smelling overwhelmingly sweet like the strawberry scent.  It's for normal skin, is quite moisturizing.  Definitely my go to scent.  I have to admit that people either love or hate this scent.  So make sure you take a whiff before choosing.

The last scent I own is the Passion Fruit one.  I believe this is discontinued, but I think you can still get the lipbalm.  This is a more toned down sweet smelling scent.  It's not overwhelming at all, and the scent does stay on your body.  I think this is the least strong out of all these scents except maybe the Cocoa Butter one.  Definitely moisturizing, and it's for normal skin.

Overall, I love these body butters.  The scents?  You gotta go to the store and smell them first.  They smell different to other people.  Also, one good thing about the mini ones is that they're great to just, carry in your purse or in your makeup bag.  You never know when you'll need body lotion.  Oh, and it says that it's supposed to keep your skin moisturized for up to 24 hours, but I find that reapplication is needed after several hours (but that's cos I have extremely dry skin, so maybe that's why).

Leave a comment below, let me know what your favourite scent is, or what's your go-to body lotion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment