April 21, 2010

Review: Lush's Mask of Magnaminty

This is a review on one of the more popular products from Lush.  Let me preface this by saying that this is a deep cleansing mask, and it's supposed to exfoliate and tone your skin.  It's for people with normal, oily or acne prone skin.


I have dry skin, and I love this mask.  It irritated my skin the first time I used it, but afterwards I think my skin kind of got used to it and it's fine now.


This mask is of quite a thick consistency and can be difficult to spread. So it spreads quite thickly on your face, which I guess is a good thing because I bought the large tub which has a lot of product and it has a shelf life of about 4 months.  My first thoughts?  It smells amazing, like mint chocolate ice cream or something.  That's one of my favourite ice cream flavours so I don't mind it.  If you're sensitive to these smells and you don't particularly like mint, you probably won't like this.


When you put it on your face, it has this... tingly effect, I suppose.  To some it might be irritating, but I welcome it.  It's got such a great cooling effect and feels amazing on my skin.  It actually feels like my skin is being deep cleansed.  I leave this one for about twenty minutes, sometimes longer depending on how thick of a layer I'd slathered on my face. 


The one thing I don't like about this mask is that when it dries, the mask cracks on my face - which is fine.  But the thing is, it starts shedding.  Well, not shedding... but parts do start falling off and it's annoying if I'm just walking around the house and there's green bits everywhere.  I guess the one thing you can do is just stay in your bathroom, shave your legs while doing it or something, haha.  


Anyway, I love this stuff.  It makes my skin feel smooth (the exfoliation from the beans), it cleanses my skin well (prevents me from breakouts - even though I'm not acne prone I still get a zit or two once in a while) and it smells amazing :)  I recommend you getting the smaller tub, just because it's quite difficult to finish a big tub.  If you use a generous amount, maybe two times a week, you should be fine with the big tub.  It's definitely more of a bargain to get the bigger one!  Comment below and let me know what you think of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment