April 2, 2010

Review/Swatch: MAC's Viva Glam V Lipstick

Hey all! I've been looking for a neutral pink lipstick that had shimmer in it, and I think I've found my HG. I've always been a lipgloss kinda girl and never really considered lipstick because they seem to be drying (especially for those of us who already have dry skin) and they tend not to have that glossy effect.

Well, the MAC Viva Glam V lipstick goes on like a gloss and but doesn't have that stickiness. Of course, it isn't as glossy as a normal lipgloss would be, but it has the shimmer, which is a plus in my book.  This is because it's a lustre.


Below is a photo of the lipstick. It is extremely true to colour in the photo.
Below are a couple of photos of swatches I did on my hand. I'm a NW20 in concealer, for reference. I'm not matched to a MAC foundation as I have never tried any of them, cos I always think they're going to break me out. I'll edit this if I do decide to try it.

This first image is a photo of the swatches with flash. The swipe on top is layered, and the one on the bottom is only one swipe of the product. As you can see, the colour is extremely buildable. The coverage is sheer at first, as shown in the bottom swipe of the first image. This colour may not show up on your lips if you have pigmented lips with just one swipe, it'll just give you a glossy tint. However, you can layer it on, but it may look a little bit more bronzey cos' there are actually golden shimmers in it. Well, from what I can see, it does.

Without flash:
Overall, I think this lipstick would be suitable for all skintones, and would compliment any makeup look as it is so neutral and sheer. It is moisturizing, which is a definite plus for a lipstick, and gives that slight shimmer. It is a great everyday lipstick. However, I do find that the shimmer transfers and may stay after the lipstick has worn off. This doesn't wear that long, several hours at most. So reapplication is a must, but I'm fine with that.

Please click here for a short video on the Viva Glam V.

No comments:

Post a Comment