March 20, 2010

Review: Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs


I've been using this cleanser for about a year or so now, and it's been great for my skin. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin and this has not broken me out at all. In fact, it actually moisturizes my skin more than anything.

Okay, first of all, the look and packaging. The bottle itself is a tall, oval bottle with a white cap. The product itself is a light pale green. At the top where the product comes out, there is a small hole which stops any product from leaking out unless you squeeze the bottle, in which case the product comes out quite easily. So, gold star for that! :)

Now, onto the smell. When I first started using this cleanser, it smelt a little weird to me, just because I wasn't used to the herbs in the cleanser. It may smell really strange to you if you have a really sensitive nose, but otherwise, it's quite easy to get used to and now I quite like the smell.

What I do is that I take the bottle and squeeze about a dime-sized amount on my fingertips. I dab it on my cheeks, forehead and chin and then rub in circular motions gently. I feel that this cleanser does its job well. After usage, my skin feels extremely clean, not stripped of moisture, and it removes most of my makeup. I do find that I need to use a makeup remover after if there is any makeup leftover on my face leaving me with raccoon eyes D:

It retails at USD29.50 for 7oz or 200ml, so it's quite pricey for a cleanser. However, if you do have extremely dry and sensitive skin like me, then you'll understand that it's quite difficult to buy something which is good for you and doesn't cause an allergic reaction. Well, I guess it isn't that difficult, but it's just that I prefer using more high-end products for my skincare than makeup. A bottle of this baby last quite a while, so I think that it is worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment